III. Tournament Structure
IV. Match rules
1. Players must be available at 12:00 pm.
2. Players must physically be at the Las Vegas Convention Center to participate
3. Players must abide by these tournament rules, as well as the venue and expo rules.
1. Registration is online and ends on the day of the show.
a. Late registration will not be allowed
2. Brackets will be assembled at random and announced prior to the start of the tournament at day of the tournament.
a. We will be seeding up to 16 players according to the “Vegas Smash 4 Power Rankings”. The rest of the bracket will be seeded randomly.
1. The tournament will run in a double elimination format; max 128 participants
2. All matches will be in a best of three format except for the Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals.
3. The Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals will be played in a best of five format.
4. Depending on the number of participants, 8-bit reserves the right to change tournament format to accommodate to the length of time 8-bit is permitted in the venue.
1. Matches will be played according to the rules as follows:
a. Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
b. Game Settings
i. 2 stock
ii. 6 Minute Time Limit
iii. No Items
iv. Equipment Off
v. Best 2 of 3 games (Best 3 of 5 as outlined in Section III-3)
c. Custom moves and custom characters are off. You will not be able to upload your own custom sets.
i. Mii Fighters are legal only with a 1111 setup for each class of default Miis.
d. Sudden death is not to be played. Matches that time-out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. If number of lives and percentage are still tied, the game is to be replayed.
e. All DLC characters are allowed.
f. Starter Stages:
iii. Town and City
iv. Final Destination
vi. Dreamland 64
1. *If Battlefield is banned, then Miiverse is banned as well. Both stages are treated as the same.
g. Counterpick Stages
i. Omega Versions
ii. Lylat Cruise
h. Omega Battlefield and Omega Palutena’s Temple can be used to substitute Final Destination to avoid background changing.
i. If Final Destination is Banned, all Omega Stages are banned.
j. Stage Selection:
i. STAGE STRIKING: Players engage in rock, paper, scissors best of 1. Winner strikes the first stage, loser then strikes 2 stages, and then winner strikes the last stage. The remaining stage is the starter stage.
ii. Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won during the same set.
iii. STAGE BANS: During the Stage Ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban one stage from either the Starter or Counterpick Stages.
iv. Gentleman’s Clause: In the case where both players agree to play on a banned stage, then it is legal to play on that stage.
k. After Each Match:
i. Winner announces Stage Ban
ii. Loser chooses counterpick
iii. Winner chooses character
iv. Loser chooses character
1. Buy-ins will be collected into a cash prize pool. The prize pool split is determined by the number of participants as outlined below.
2. 31 Participants or fewer:
a. 1st place: 60%
b. 2nd place: 25%
c. 3rd place: 15%
3. 32+ Participants:
a. 1st place: 55%
d. 4th place: 5%
1. All decisions regarding the interpretation of these rules, player eligibility, scheduling, and staging of the tournament lie solely with 8-bit eSports and assigned tournament officials and administrators, the decisions of which are final.
2. These rules may be amended, modified, or supplemented in order to ensure fair play and the integrity of the competition.
1. Players must be available at 4:00 pm.
a. Game version: US Nintendo Gamecube
i. Mode: Battle Lounge
c. Rule Settings:
i. Rounds: 3
ii. Timer: 99 seconds
iii. Victory Setting: First to 2
iv. Best 2 of 3 games (Best 3 of 5 as outlined in Section III-3)
i. 4 stock
ii. 8 Minute Time Limit
c. Sudden death is not to be played. Matches that time-out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. If number of lives and percentage are still tied, the game is to be replayed.
d. Starter Stages:
ii. Fountain of Dreams
iii. Yoshi’s Story
v. Dreamland 64
i. Pokemon Stadium
h. Stage Selection: