Victory Road Pokemon Tournament Las Vegas
You are challenged by LVL UP EXPO to join the Victory Road Pokemon Tournament Las Vegas! What Pokemon would you send out?
Battle your way to the top in the Victory Road tournament for your chance to win $500 CASH only at LVL UP EXPO this February!
Rule Set: 6v6
Level 50 (scaled)
HOW IT WORKS:
Everyone in the area with a 3DS is deemed a “Trainer”.
All trainers have ranks depending on how many gym
leaders they have defeated. Trainers are only allowed
to engage battle with trainers who are the same rank or higher.
Gym 1 (Santalune City)- Rank 1 Gym 5 (Lumiose City)– Rank 5
Gym 2 (Cyllage City)– Rank 2 Gym 6 (Laverre City)– Rank 6
Gym 3 (Shalour City)– Rank 3 Gym 7 (Anistar City)– Rank 7
Gym 4 (Courmaline City)– Rank 4 Gym 8 (Snowbelle City)– Rank 8
1. Find a trainer who is the same rank as yourself or higher.
2. Engage in a Pokemon battle with the rule set listed above.
3. Once a winner is decided, both trainers must go up to the judge’s table.
4. The losing trainer must inform the judge that the opponent won the match.
5. The losing trainer will initial opponent’s trainer card and the judge will stamp for approval.
6. After defeating the amount of trainers that is listed at your rank, you may
proceed to that specific gym.
7. Once defeating the first gym leader, you may now battle a trainer who is at the same rank (rank 1)
as yourself or higher.
-If you lose to a gym leader, you may battle against them again until you win. If there
is a line for the gym leader and you lose, you must go to the end of the line.
-First 32 Trainers that defeat all 8 gym leaders will be placed into a tournament on Sunday,
that will consist of a $500 pot prize.
-Sunday Tournament starts at 11:30 AM at the Pokemon Center. Additional rules for the tournament on Sunday will be posted shortly, check back!!!
-If 32 slots cannot be filled by 9:00 PM, Saturday, Trainers with the most completed
slots will be placed.
You must register for LVL UP EXPO prior to signing up.
Rule Set: 6v6
Level 50 (scaled)
*All players will be required to register a team they will be using for the tournament.
For all intents and purposes, Sunday’s tournament will follow Smogon rules. Some rules have been edited as Pokemon X/ Y is still in it’s infancy and rules, tiers, etc. are still being discovered and edited. For more information on the rules, please visit the Smogon rules section: Smogon XY Tiers
OverUsed, or OU, is Smogon’s standard tier. The highest level of play is generally seen in this tier, and it is the basis for all other tiers. The most powerful Pokémon are banned from this tier up to Ubers. Pokemon cannot rise from OU to Ubers based on usage. Most of the cover legendaries in addition to select other Pokémon are on the banlist.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.
- Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.
- Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
- OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
- Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
- Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
- NO POKEMON ATTAINED THROUGH POKEBANK ARE ELIGIBLE.
Please check back for UPDATES!
Questions regarding our listed tournaments?