We will cap photo submissions at 80 entries or close on October 28, 2020 EOD. Winners will be announced on Halloween via Gamer vs. Tailor live stream and later posted via social media.
Please follow Gamer vs. Tailor and LVL UP EXPO on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for updates on the Virtual Halloween Cosplay Contest.
General Rules and Guidelines are as follows:
1. One photo submission per entrant.
2. All entrants must be 16 years of age or older to compete.
3. Cosplay must represent an existing or recognizable character (no original concepts).
4. Costume must be worn by applicant
5. No group cosplays.
6. Costumes cannot have won a major award at a convention, such as First or Second at a cosplay competition event such as a Comic Convention or an Anime Convention. Honorable mentions and Judges awards do not count as major awards.
7. Have fun with it and feel free to add special effects via photoshop, but do not lose focus that the judging is on the costume and person wearing it.
8. Judging is on quality of the overall costume’s construction, make-up, wig/headpiece, or armor/props/weapons. Store bought costumes are allowed, however special consideration is given to those who have made their costume. (Please let us know!)
9. Photo submissions must be family friendly and cannot depict nudity, gore/graphic violence, drugs, alcohol and firearms.
10. Photo submissions cannot depict offensive language or image, such as promotion of hate groups or any political message.
11. Photo submissions can include a pet but the pet cannot be the focus of the entry.
12. Entrants must not be an immediate family member of Gamer vs. Tailor or LVL UP EXPO staff.
13. By submitting a photo, entrant agrees to release Gamer vs. Tailor and LVL UP EXPO from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, and causes of action, torts, obligations, costs, losses, claims, liability for bodily injury, death or other type of damage or injury of any nature whatsoever, whether in law or in equity, and whether known or unknown regarding the Virtual Halloween Cosplay Contest.
14. By submitting a photo, entrant agrees not make any disparaging, negative, or defamatory comments, whether written or oral, about Gamer vs. Tailor and/or LVL UP EXPO regarding the Virtual Halloween Cosplay Contest.
15. Gamer vs. Tailor and LVL UP EXPO reserve the right to cancel, modify or postpone the Virtual Halloween Cosplay Contest due to technical difficulties or issues beyond their control.
16. In the event, a dispute occurs, the Virtual Halloween Cosplay Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada without regard to conflicts of laws principles.